Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the successful planning, initiation, execution, monitoring, and closure of all product development projects. Must have advanced project management leadership skills used in managing software projects and teams of software engineers. The PM will interface with all levels of the development organization, working collaboratively to keep all projects on track, well documented, fully reported upon, problem solve and communicate status to project stakeholders.
Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and work as a liaison between clients (USA), and local application development teams. A professional with proven technical acumen and capabilities to understand the development process, deploy best practices, and manage multiple projects.
Following responsibilities are essential functions for this job. Other major and minor duties may be assigned that are not noted below.
- Manages all day-to-day tracking of complex software and hardware project including project objectives, scope, planning, scheduling, resourcing, reporting dependencies, risks, and stakeholder engagement.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and clearly document business requirements, project charters, risks, and deliverables.
- Works with leaders and team members to breakdown work, schedule, forecast, estimate, and build project timelines using proven PM knowledge, skills, and modern web-based tools
- Proactively work with team members to keep tabs on work progress, issues, and when work is missing or delayed. Works closely to diagnose root causes associated with unanticipated issues and collaborate with necessary team members to ensure resolutions are being worked on.
- Communicate frequently and provide regular updates on projects to clients and stakeholders. Prepare and present weekly and monthly progress & status reports for the project and create other reports as needed/requested.
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to project teams and help solve problems and implement changes.
- Establishes effective working relationships with Engineering, Quality Assurance, and other colleagues to help motivate and inspire team members to stay on top of their assigned tasks in each project
- Proactively seeks to help mitigate information gaps and works with team members to keep multiple projects on track and on time
- Manages incoming requests to the Service Desk and ensures courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Assesses need for any systems or technology upgrade (minor or significant) makes recommendations.
- Flexible availability to communicate and collaborate with USA business hours.
- Manage and execute any and all other requests as directed from management or major business areas.
- Assist in continuous process improvement of Project Management Office.
- Provide feedback to group managers regarding the work performance of project team members.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Must have project management leadership skills used in managing software projects and teams of software engineers (8+ years)
- Master’s degree in Business or technology related field
- 8+ years of project management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and methodologies with practical experience
- Strong analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Superior interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), negotiation and facilitation skills
- Ability to multitask, work on multiple projects simultaneously under strict timeline
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, overcome confusion, and simplify complex situations
- Knowledge and interest in the professional practices regarding requirements definition and management
- Excellent skill level in Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools
Timings: 2:00PM till 11:00PM
Note: This position requires excellent written and verbal English language skills. Please do not apply if are you not fluent in English in an American or neutral accent.